Uh oh...I checked phone messages and found a cheery voicemail from the recruiter for the job I interviewed for. Nearly a week after my visit to the jobsite campus, I had assumed that they had some issue with me and were not going to offer me the job - and was not at all disappointed by this fact. In fact, I was really looking forward to an attempt to paint full time for a month. Also looking forward to NOT shoveling snow out of the driveway at 6:30am so I could go drive on icy streets in lots of trafic to go sit in a cubicle all day with a headset plugged into a call center queue.
So the recruiter said in the message (which I received Thursday night) that she was off today, and that she would get in touch with me Monday or Tuesday to discuss the formal offer. This means I have a few days - until Monday afternoon - to fret about what I am going to do.
I really don't know if this is something I want to go forward with. The pros: Money, refreshed network credentials (they provide training as well as work experience), possibly pleasant work associates. The cons: Aforementioned travel logistics, nine hours a day of intense technical concentration - no matter how fatigued or distracted, no time for other pursuits or relaxation. Perhaps no art created that would otherwise finally flourish. No preparation to bail from Colorado and the house in the McCain/Palin fan club neighborhood.
It would be tight, but I can afford not to work for a while longer.
Send me an mail with your thoughts please...must be received by Monday morning to influence my decision.
No comments:
Post a Comment