Thursday, June 30, 2005



I never got around to posting an entry with a photo of the winner of this visit's Worst POS Car - the one I selected (above) is actually second place. The true winner was one I wasn't quick enough to photograph when it appeared on my last afternoon. It made the pile of junk above look like a showroom model. There was a large - maybe 15" - bullhorn-style loudspeaker mounted on what was left of the battered roof, and the sheet metal was so tortured and rusted (what was actually left bolted, welded, or tied with twine onto the chassis) that I couldn't even discern a make or model. I asked a companion what the garbled message was blaring from the speaker horn. "Ah, es panadero", he said. Oh. A motorized bread salesman. When you hear the ruckus from his un-muffled engine and his distorted amplified pronouncements of baked goodness, you rush from your casa with a few pesos for fresh bollilos to make tortas with.




Below is a repeat appearance of last year's winner of most atrocious vehicle.





No comments: