Tuesday, September 08, 2009

When I went to the gym today, and was visually assaulted with the usual seventeen big monitors full of sleazy 'reality' shows, infomercials, and tiresome pro sports with commentary, I was reminded of some of what I read this morning in the weekly James Kunstler weekly blog...

"...Whatever the politics of the moment may be, national attitudes are surely changing. A psychology of hardship is overtaking even the bread-and-circus blandishments of the Cheez Doodle / infotainment / professional sports matrix of idiocy that the sociopathic corporate axis-of-evil operates to take advantage of ordinary human weakness. Soon, the public will lack the resources even for these tawdry comforts, and God knows what they'll turn to for solace then..."



Kuntsler goes on to raise the prospect of some domestic 'corn-pone Hitler' ascending to national political prominence as the current administration fails to provide the leadership that people will require to put their newly lowered standard of living in a reasonable perspective.


No comments: