I spent last weekend in San Francisco. This trip was an abbreviated version of what I had previously planned after my trip to Reno and the California foothills in June. After that longer trip, I returned to find the Mdog very ill, so I was reluctant to be away so soon or for so long, so I rescheduled it into this short visit to the Bay Area.
I stayed with my old friend Leon and his partner Mike, in their flat on 18th Street. The walk from the 16th Street BART station after arriving at SFO was a little grittier than I recalled from my last visit, but as always the richness and complexity of San Francisco was stunning. This effect continued throughout my stay.
I spent half a day with niece Serena and her husband Cole, in their flat on Carl in Cole Valley. While I am astonished at the cost of living in San Francisco, when I visit friends and family there I can't help but think perhaps it really is worth it, if the means exist.
Also spent a half-day with long-time friend David and his Argentine partner Marcelo. They live in Barcelona, so I was happy they were visiting and staying in the Fulton Street flat they own (and usually rent to tourists) while I was in town.
It was hard returning to Denver and Fort Collins after this brief getaway to a more dynamic and liberated place. Although it's great to be near Mona and Clark, we have no close friends here, and now winter is only a few months away...
No comments:
Post a Comment