Tuesday, May 20, 2008



Pat and I went to the opening celebration of the Fort Collins Shambhala Meditation Center in Old Town Saturday night. I had worked on and off on various small projects there beginning with demolition of the old interior last fall, so it was nice to see the final result alive with people.


We were directed to dress up for the occasion - as we don't even own a suit between us, this was the best we could do. My first wearing of a tie in several years.

After a long period of silent sitting, recognition of volunteers and contributors, and various toasts to lineage luminaries, there were ample nice treats and adding to the buzz of the saki toasts the beer and wine flowed freely. I imagine Trungpa Rinpoche would have enjoyed the event, which grew increasingly rowdy in contrast to the silent beginning.



No comments: