Mona was here for the past few days. She brought with her:
Steaks (from a grass-fed ranch cow)
Various flower starts
Vegetable seeds
THREE dozen eggs from her chickens, and those of a neighbor for whom she chicken-sits.
Books with good advice on everyday living (the hardest kind!)
Wire fencing/trellis
Cow poop (a five gallon bucket)
Raspberries
Pancake batter
Wild asparagus
Some vegetable stew
More stuff I have probably forgotten...
Not long ago, she made me a necklace of some mineral and semi-precious beads - all selected for their properties of affecting various emotional, intellectual, or physical needs. I had been wearing it for some time, but was giving it a rest and it lay on my nightstand for the past week or so. For her visit, you would think I might have picked it up and worn it, just to demonstrate how much I appreciate and cherish the gift and the effort that went into designing and fabricating it (it is very finely crafted).
But no. Not until this afternoon, after she was on the road home did I pick it up and place it again around my neck. I felt like such a schmuck - especially since she and I visited a couple of bead shops during her visit where I would have enjoyed showing it off to the proprietors.
When I mentioned this to her after calling to make sure she arrived safely at home in Wyoming, she said she didn't even notice.
Add kindness and generosity that she always arrives with to list of gifts above ...
No comments:
Post a Comment