Monday, June 04, 2007

Guess I have been sort of fixated on things related to the new house recently. Bear with me and eventually we'll move on soon to other stuff.


Yesterday, I got some patio containers planted with annual flowers and herbs.

It's hard to focus on much else with so much to do here at the beginning of our stay in this house. Today I had two people over to go over landscape design ideas, a guy to quote on tile repair in bathrooms, and a deck construction guy. Tomorrow the skylight installation guy is coming to quote an installation in the office ceiling, and I forgot to call back the electrician about replacing the panel and upgrading us from 100 to 150 amp service.

Meanwhile, between thunderstorms, I managed to get some more stuff planted in the garden and make some pretty decent turkey soup.


I got a sketch of the new deck design together last night. The deck construction guy had some good ideas that resulted in a few modifications. We have incorporated a ramp for disability accomodation. We had a very nice friend in California who had to struggle with steps, so if we are lucky enough to find a similar friend here they will feel welcome in our home.

Twice in the past day, as various people have been in the house, I have been asked if I am an artist when they observed my easel and a few paintings in the kitchen. Oh right - I was going to be doing that here. It doesn't seem like things will ever settle down to allow for that, but I guess that's my objective.


Time to put an ad in Craigslist for our moving boxes, now that the majority of them are empty.


No comments: