Friday, June 29, 2007

Two weeks since the last post, and so much backlog I don't know where to start. This is kind of rambling, but it's late and I'm tired, and if I don't get something out I'll never get caught up...

Lots of work has been done in the garden - new shrubs, a lot of perrenial flowers. Pictures of that tomorrow night. A couple of tubular skylights have brightened the office in the middle of the house.


The first hole is opened up in the ceiling.

A gas leak was repaired by the local utility, who sent the customary coffee-drinking #2 guy to observe the guy wrenching.



The deck project is underway, with some sod cut away, and the perimeter of the deck visible where the lawn now ends - and crudely outlined with a hose in the photo below.



Major electrical work was done earlier in the week, with a new panel in the garage to replace the one we learned was a potential fire hazard, and some interior circuits added where they were needed, and corrected where they were flawed. No photos here...not much to see for the $2,000 or so of expense. Still great to have that done.


Roses are blooming in my yard again. Roses!

Last weekend, Pat and I went to a Shambhala Buddhist group picnic at a nearby lake. Tonight, I went to Soup Night at the Buddhist center before checking out Bike to the Movies (see below).


At the picnic. This very nice fellow is one of the creators of the weekly Soup Night meals.


Soup! Two great soups every week for anyone who drops by.

I went to a Bike Week event yesterday in Old Town. They were judging bikes in various categories, mid way through a week or bike activities, like Bike to Work day, and tonight the Bike to the Movies event, where hundreds of riders pedal to the New Belgium Brewery to watch films on a giant inflatable outdoor screen.





Walking away from the bike event, I enjoyed a couple of Fort Collins sights...there is a large marble sculpture being created in Old Town Square - no one knows what it will be when finished, as the sculptor works in view of the public every day.



Then I passed by the food co-op, a member-owned organic grocery.



What a great town.


No comments: