Tonight I prepared the first serious meal at the new house since our arrival. We've been eating out a lot because of all the chaos getting things put away and various projects to correct or improve things. With Pat away so much for business travel, I've been eating super simple things like microwaved frozen soy burgers on toasted burger buns, or big bowls of salad. I felt bad for Pat though, as he eats out every day (for every meal) while he's on the road.
So I went shopping today, and grabbed a bunch of good stuff. Unfortunately, what I picked out for the main course required baking, and the new range has a problem with the flame gas/air ratio in the oven, so that was a no-go. I'll need to adjust things later, but for tonight I just improvised with a stove-top version (of stuffed chicken breasts).
I also snipped the five blossoms available so far in the garden and stuck them in a vase. Opening a nice 2005 California Pinot Noir completed the experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment