Ten cubic yards of life's detritus.
One odd thing occured while I was in the early stages of tackling the big mess left after the auction people scavenged everything in the garage - I notice a couple of boxes stacked under the edge of a growing pile of discarded items. When I open the flaps of the top box I saw the blue folios coins are collected in. When I took the box into the house I found numerous sets of proof coins from the late 20th century, and in the second box a massive collection of early US coins of various denominations. Nothing of tremendous value, but it was sort of a treasure-chest discovery moment. I think we got equal pleasure from finding several caches of old photos and personal papers.
Note the 1943 steel pennies in the lower right corner, minted to preserve copper for wartime munitions.
No comments:
Post a Comment