Thursday, January 18, 2007

I just returned from a noon-time dog walk in the nearby neighborhood park, and it was a full flannel-shirt, sweatshirt, winter-coat, scarf, gloves, knit-hat-and-hood production, despite the cheery sunshine. Looks like all the snow will be sticking around for some time to come, with a little dirty slush in the roads to soften things up during mid-day. Slush that becomes dirty slick ice after sunset.



The forecast for the weekend offers more snow, with highs for the next five days in the mid-twenties, and single-digit lows.

I chatted a bit with the mailman as I collected the mail on returning home post-walk. "Kinda glad I didn't buy a house yet", I said. "Waddya mean?", he asked. "Well, I really didn't bargain for all this", I gestured toward the nearest massive pile of shoveled snow. He shook his head, "Well, I'm from Minnesota..", he said, "..everybody complaining...this isn't the normal winter here, but I don't know what the big deal is..".

Well, I guess it's not a big deal, exactly. An interesting experience - one I will enjoy remembering - after I make sure it doesn't happen again.


No comments: