Sunday, August 08, 2010



The garden is doing well this year, especially my big tomatoe container garden experiment. I have more tomatoes than I can eat right now, and it looks like this might continue for weeks to come.

I started them early, back when there was still frost at night and we had to hustle the big five and seven gallon containers into the shed and garage at night.



I have some pretty good peppers this year as well, and some beets that are about ready now.





I have very mixed feelings about having a garden here next year. It hardly seems worth the effort at times, with our limited space, short season, and no sprinlker/irrigation system to free us from daily watering all summer. But when I bring in a basket of those tomatoes, or see the dozens of glorious sunflowers towering over my planter beds with little yellow finches and various bees flitting around them, its hard to imagine not having a garden...




No comments: