I went to an equipment orientation last night for qualification to check out video equipment from the local public access network. Think Wayne's World. I don't really have anything in mind, but have always had an interest in film and video production.
This is really a pretty good deal for the group that runs the local access channel - as part of the cable franchise with the city, Comcast must provide a dedicated channel, and enough dollars to finance some pretty decent equipment. A few consumer-grade point-n-shoot cameras, and two pro cameras, along with decent sound and lighting gear, and soon a pro editing suite. The city provides office and studio space.
$30 to be fully checked out - not a bad deal.
On the way home, I passed a couple of abandoned farm buildings scattered among a grove of old giant cottonwoods that appear to dead or dying. With the setting sun casting a red glow on them, I felt compelled to pull over for a photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment