Monday, June 23, 2008



Hilda is here!

Pat and I Met Hilda a little over a year ago. We were at a local Buddhist dinner event, and she was there. We chatted a bit, and ended up in the parking lot saying goodnight to her. She had recently experienced some big changes in her life, and I wondered about her occasionally in the months that followed.

Then, a listing appeared in a the Buddhist group's email bulletin to members containing the following...

Life is in a spin.
I will be moving back to Fort Collins by July 1. Could you please put out the word that I need a room for rent or use till I find something to rent...Hilda


Pat and I have discussed a number of times the possibility of sharing the house with someone - it is a bit oversize for us, and we could occasionally use a hand with the upkeep around here if we need to get away. I was pretty much held hostage here this spring with germinating seeds and transplants.

When I first saw the listing and called her, I didn't realize it was the same person we talked to so long ago. As we talked though, I did realize who it was, and after a nice chat we worked out an arrangement, and she arrived a few days ago.

She is getting used to us, and we to her - and just having someone else around in general. Seems to be working out well for everyone.



No comments: