The snow and ice from the storms a month or so ago was finally starting to dissipate when, yesterday, it snowed on and off all day. It only accumulated up to about three inches, but I almost fell on my ass several times while walking the Mdog over the numerous patches of ice that were now concealed by fresh snow, and had to shovel out the driveway and sidewalk. I guess this is my karmic punishment for all those years in California when I used to watch the TV weather from crummy winter places and sneer at the fools who were too clueless or unfortunate to live in places with a decent climate.
Despite the snowfall, by evening the roads were passable, and I went to the university for a percussion performance in their recital hall where the great pipe organ is installed. The opening number was a mesmerizing solo piece for Marimba - Momento, by Ivan Trevino. If you follow the link and wait a few moments, you can enjoy a lovely performance by the composer.
Tonight I went to participate in the Colorado Democratic caucus. I was surprised at the huge turnout. Seasoned party officials there were shocked - there appeared to be about five times the number of participants as four years ago. Another surprise - the large majority of people who were there to send delegates to the convention for Obama. In my precinct, Obama won three delegates to Clinton's one.
No comments:
Post a Comment