Saturday, December 30, 2006


Out for a walk this morning with the Mdog around the neighborhood. The sun was almost penetrating the fog enough to throw a shadow.

Now with all the snow on the ground, I am hearing that January is the coldest month here in Northern Colorado, and this could all stick around for another four or five weeks.

During the 25 years I lived in Northern California, whenever I would see news photos of this sort of winter weather in other parts of the coutry I would recall my own experiences with it back in New England and upstate New York. I would give thanks that circumstances gave me a better choice of domicile, and wonder that anyone would willingly put up with such discomfort and inconvenience.

Of course, along the Front Range of the Rockies the winter snow is infrequent, and usually vanishes by noon in those 300 days a year of sunshine. The Chamber of Commerce says so. So does the Convention and Visitors Bureau.

Listen to those who say live in a place a year before you buy.


No comments: