Becky and Rowdy a couple of weeks ago - Rowdy is getting a little wobbly these days.
One reason I am holding off aggressive job hunting is our plan to visit Mexico for a week or so just before Christmas. We decided not to drive all the way down there, planning instead to fly into Guadalajara to visit the surrounding area - probably by bus. In order for us to both be there together it will mean leaving Mummadog with Mona and Clark at the ranch. I hope this isn't too hard on her - it was hard for me to accept the necessity of doing this.
I walked her around the neighborhood today as I always do, and was grateful for the clear sky and sunshine. Tonight I went out to dinner with a group I see monthly, and the woman seated next to me has a primary home in Everett, Washington, and a condo here in town. She likes to visit here frequently in the winter to escape the Washington gloom and rain, for even though it is colder here at times, the sun shines more than three hundred days a year, with much of the overcast occurring in the summer months as thunderstorms roll through.
Mid-day shadows suggest we are approaching the winter solstice.
No comments:
Post a Comment