Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Funny how quickly things can change. Yesterday, I was distraught because we have reached the end of our short-term lease on the rental house, and haven't located a house we'd like to buy. Last night and this morning, I have been reading about several people who are living full-time in RV homes, having sold off their houses and most of their posessions. There are Mimi and Jonna (and their Bad Dogs), and Andy Baird, who as luck would have it are up in Cheyenne just 45 minutes away for a gigantic assembly of owners of the Lazy Daze motorhomes they live in.

This is sounding like an interesting idea about now.



Pat's work pays well, but it will do him in eventually from the stress and hassles. He is away a lot. I have no job, and wonder at this point what I would end up doing.

I have conficting feelings about wanting the security and comfort of a house, and the freedom of few posessions and no long-term commitment to the responsibilities of home ownership. Maybe since we are in such a state of limbo anyway, we could just try this out for six months or so, and decide after that what to do. We had been planning to rig a Dodge Sprinter van for some exploratory trips to Mexico, but this would be the whole enchilada, right from the beginning.

I'll be spending the entire day up in Cheyenne tomorrow, learning as much as I can, and getting some better impressions of what life is like in one of these things.


No comments: