Mona gave me a lovely jade plant - it really adds warmth to the rental house.
I am way behind in posting updates, and with little time right now, so I'm just going to post some brief items to catch up and inform anyone checking in...
We received a counteroffer on the 80 acres in Wyoming. After reviewing it and some new discouragng opinions about the prospects for drilling a good well there, we simply declined the offer.
I received an unsolicited job inquiry from a big national network service outfit wth a local contract for operating a nationwide network operations center located here in Fort Collins. Had a great phone interview this morning, and may receive an offer next week. Pay is great.
Checked the website of the big regional hospital here for job listings (I have long craved a hospital network engineer job - especially here) and there it was - just the kind of job I had in mind, posted a couple of days ago. I applied online, went into HR today to drop off a pretty resume, and sculked around until I learned the names and location of the network IT managers - so I could skirt around the HR process and learn a little more before the OTHER people offer me something. Went to the ofice of the manager and ntroduced myself, and had a brief chat....
I'm off to Reno tomorrow to look in on my Dad, who has had some problems that accumulated to put him in a hospital. He is doing OK, but with his wife also hospitalized longer term; there is now no one to look after anyone else....
The weather here has been incredibly nice here in Fort Collins on the front range of the Rockies - sunny and mid 70's to low 80's, maybe a little breeze. I happened to hear that the Bay Area was experiencing liquified hillsides and flooding due to incessant rain - neene-neener-neener...
No comments:
Post a Comment