Saturday, June 12, 2004



This is an odd local event - ever since I arrived I have been seeing posters everywhere for a big meditation event in Centro. Sant Thakar Singh (above) will be the featured presenter. I have to go see how this shapes up...its free and close by.


Last night while I was hammering out a few items on the way home at a late-night Internet cafe it really started to pour. I decided to stay put and write some more while I waited for it to stop. Three hours (at 2:30am) r it still hadn't, so I waved down a cab for the eight-block trip back to the casa. The streets were flooded to a depth of more that a foot in most places, and hot dog vendors, street sweepers, and other late night denizens were slogging through the mess with their carts, half way to knee deep with their short legs.

When I arrived at San Juan, I found the place inundated from the continuing downpour, and my room had about a half inch of standing water from edge to edge. There was nothing on the floor, so no cause for alarm - I just dried off my feet with a towel before hoisting them into bed, and slept to the sound a roaring water cascading off the roof through the big drains outside my screened open doors to the courtyard.

This morning I helped Mañuel mop and squeegee out various parts of the house. Place got a good mopping.



Text © 2003-2004 Stanley J. Wolf

No comments: