Speaking of stress, I decided to give myself a break and save a long mid-day walk in the heat by catching a bus back for a lunch and siesta at the guest house. So I jumped on a likely-looking bus and found myself being diverted (with no opportunity to exit) right into the middle of the mid-day chaos and frenzy of the mercado again. Sheesh. Wish I had just walked from where I started.
After my siesta this afternoon I saw the house we want to rent today inside...it occured to me last night after I saw it from the outside during the day that I was actually in that house once a couple of years ago when I visited the woman who lived there. Small world...
It's a nice place, and when I find an Internet cafe with a better PC I'll edit this post with a photo of the exterior. I can picture us being comfortable there right from the outset, as it is furnished and looks really clean. It's just being vacated by the current resident so the timing is perfect.
It looks like there are a lot of houses coming on the market, so hopefully we will find one to work on shortly after we arrive. I almost tried to push for a signing into a contract to buy a nice house I saw yesterday, but I really want Pat to be a part of the whole assessment and decision.
Meanwhile, back in California he is busy handling the inspection contingencies for the house sale. Sounds like that{s going pretty well, and we are still careening toward the day we depart for the 3200 mile journey to the border, then Merida beyond.
Text © 2003-2004 Stanley J. Wolf
No comments:
Post a Comment