Sunday, July 03, 2011

More than a month has passed since the last entry - you'd think I was really busy. In fact, it does seem like there are never enough hours in the day for all I want to accomplish, but I wouldn't exactly call life 'busy'.

I try to keep up with all the reading I'd like to do in order to make sense of the economy and markets, as this could have an impact on my life without work (if that continues).



It looks like there will be some travel coming up soon. Portland has been of interest for a long time, and we finally decided to go there for a few days in early September to check it out. We'll be carless the entire time, which seems practical there, and I have a fantasy about no longer owning a car at some point in the future. I have heard many times that Portland is too dreary and damp in the winter months - some say that six weeks might go by with no sunshine. If we really like the area otherwise we'll just have to weigh that factor against everything else.

We finished fostering our most recent rescue dog about a week ago, and as usual really miss her. They all seem to be such great dogs and companions, and it only takes about a week for them to feel like family. I would love to have one stay - especially one as wonderful as this recent girl Sasha - but everything seems so uncertain about where we will be living and what we will be doing six months or a year from now, I really can't take on the responsibility lightly. For now, I'm just grateful that they come to visit, and that we seem to find wonderful well-matched homes for them to enjoy.

No comments: