Rode the bicycle to Old Town last night to enjoy the nice evening and hear some of the performance by the Air Force jazz band in the square. Stopped on the way there to pet some dogs at the dog park on the way. There are always some really neat animals there to see and play with, although at times tears come to my eyes as I recall the joy of my own dear girl looking happily into my eyes and staying close by, as many of these do with their humans.
I was talking to my friend Arlene after I returned home, and she commented again on what great place Fort Collins is, with so much to do. I have to agree, but it still doesn't feel like home to me. I feel like a visitor who has stayed too long, and while I do appreciate much of what the place has to offer, there's a lot I could do without, that makes me feel unwelcome and out of place.
I was looking a guy's Facebook profile last night, and he expressed a sentiment I've seen before from people who have no tolerance for criticism of anything related to life here on the 'wrong' side of the continental divide..."If you Dont like it here in Colorado, Get the Fuck out then". Apparently intolerance and limited grammatical competency are somehow related, but I get the idea, and can't say I disagree.
No comments:
Post a Comment