Monday, June 01, 2009



Boy, this daily blogging thing is harder than I thought. There's a backlog of stuff for the weekends, and work nights leave very little time for anything but the essentials. Only another six weeks for that, if I don't chicken out and extend some more!

Pictured above is the amazing shipment of cookies from our dear friend Arlene in California, who somehow finds the time to bake world-class cookies, and is generous enough to stand in line line during her lunch hour then pay a premium for fast shipping to ensure that her treats arrive fresh. We always freeze some and spread out the luxury of home-baked from scratch cookies.



Mona was here from Wyoming for the weekend, finishing up her series of advanced workshops for Buddhist Shambhala practitioners at the local center. I was there one night a week myself for the past four weeks enrolled in a program called Money as Path - trying to gain some better perspective on how money affects our lives, behavior, and attitudes. Or is it the other way around?



It is always a treat to have Mona here, and I really look forward to the visits. But with the stress of our daily lives here, and the minimal amount of time we get to hang out while she is here for a program every day, I'm afraid I don't always show my appreciation or express how much the time with her means to me. She actually thanked me for 'putting up with her' as she prepared to leave this morning before I went to work. Whoa, it was her that had to put up with me!

There have been some pleasant aspects of life in Fort Collins, and our house offers many fine amenities, but we really feel like it is time to move on and find the next chapter in our lives. But the one irreplaceable aspect we will miss the most and gives us pause is the proximity of Mona and Clark, and the ranch in Wyoming.




No comments: