Spring seems to be winning the current struggle with the remnants of winter. The heaviest snowfall of the season is fast disappearing this weekend under a brilliant sun that rises ever higher in our sky thinned by the mile-high altitude.
This morning when I woke up, I flipped on the radio and on Weekend Edition they were discussing Matt Harding, and how his goofy dancing video postcards became one ot the biggest viral favorites on YouTube, with over 20 million viewings. A founder of YouTube calls it his favorite single posting.
When I first saw this a couple of years ago, in an earlier version, it brought a smile to my face, then a little tearing up at the end. This morning, after I got out of bed and put on the coffee, I woke up the computer and looked up the video on YouTube. So brilliant, and as the images flashed by toward the end, the tears welled up again in my eyes. I thought about the work at the call center, and the sameness of life here, and our deferred vision of looking for new experiences in other parts of the world, and people we would like to interact with. It made everything seem possible again, and filled my consciousness with happy optimism. They were tears of joy, not regret.
I wish every head of state could view and reflect on this four and a half minutes of basic goodness.
Hope you are enjoying your spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment