The third week of training is underway at the Big IT Company here in Fort Collins, and from my perspective its still one day at a time. I can't say I would continue there soley for the money, although it is nice to have a little cash flow these days. If I can't find some satisfaction from the work performed post-training my tenure there will likely be short. And oh, to have access to an afternoon nap again...
This morning was very tedious, with product line familiarization - features, history, capabilities, limitations, etc. Several hours of dry lecture with a little white board embelishment. The afternoon session was more engaging, as we built a big complex network in the lab. After configuring everything to work normally, we four trainees were asked to leave the room, as our instructors proceeded to create problems and failures through various hardware and configuration changes. Upon returning to the lab we were directed to identify and correct all the faults (which we did - quickly and completely).
No comments:
Post a Comment