I get so frustrated seeing events in the country and the world spiraling downward in (what seems to me) an obvious trajectory toward horrible degradation of humanity, it is difficult to remain inert. But as a friend observed as she criticized my last entry (since removed), everyone has their own world view, and adding my own voice of negativity to the noise probaby won't do any good, and will only turn people off and away who might otherwise come here for a gentle positive observation of the everyday and mundane.
I can't guarantee that I won't make any future comments on things that relate to the bigger picture of human events, but I'll try to not to offend anyone in the process - I know not everyone shares my perspective on the events that swirl chaotically around us all, and I'd rather not alienate people or cause them to be upset when they stop by. I'd rather use this humble space to uplift as best I can - both myself and anyone who visits occasionally.
So in keeping with my less ambitious agenda, here is a picture of Mona and Clark during a visit last weekend. They had some business in the area, and it was fun to have them here for a couple of nights. We had a few good meals, watched a fun movie, and got some serious laughs looking at cow videos on YouTube.
No comments:
Post a Comment