Another entire month has passed without an entry. At one time, I would have posted the bad stuff that drags me down for days at a time, but a while ago a friend sent me an email encourging me to seek psychiatric help for my disaffection, and I let that subdue my posting of anything other than newsy lightweight stuff.
Well, that's no fun. In the interest of presenting a more realistic picture of what's going on, and filing in the long gaps for those interested enough to stop by here now and then, I'm going to try once again to post regularly - the good and the (sometimes very) bad.
Thanks to my friend Eric for the inspiration.
Not long ago, Mona and Becky came down from the ranch to visit me here, and we all went down to Albuquerque for my niece Serena's wedding to her long-time companion, Cole.
The three of us here in Fort Collins
I resisted the idea of going to the wedding for a long time. Too far away, too expensive to participate, Pat couldn't go.... But in the end I decided it was important to other people that I attend, and put that idea first. I got the following in an email from Serena, when she didn't get an RSVP from me a long time after I got my invitation..."By the way, I should pester you a least a little about coming to NM. I will definitely understand if you don't think you can make it--no guilt involved what so ever (I mean it). However, we would LOVE to have you two there. You mean a lot to both of us and especially to me. You and Pat really made it possible for me to come out to SF and start a life there. You guys have always been great to me...just so you know you're not just some uncle out there."
Maybe that's what made it so enjoyable. There is a Buddhist saying, that if you want to be happy, see to the happiness of others.
Mona, Becky, Serena, and her father Richard. Serena likes to inform people that she is the daughter of a Buddhist cowgirl and a Jewish mariachi.
Becky in the courtyard of the wonderful old hacienda where we all stayed.
No comments:
Post a Comment