Sunday, January 29, 2006

Another month has passed by, with no news here for those looking in.

It's not that nothing has been happening - but changes have been slow, like a flower sprouting from seed in the ground. A flower of unknown character.

Our move to Fort Collins is beginning to seem inevitable, as we continue to see great houses come and go there, and we continue to run into people who know the area and say wonderful, positive things about the place.

I have been wanting to go and see Cocula, near Guadalajara, before we make the final commitment and begin the effort to wrap things up here and relocate. It may be somewhat more difficult if I wait until we are out of here, with a new place to get settled into, and possibly a new job for me.



So several days ago, when Pat said "You could go Monday...", I at first cringed a bit at the thought of a trip without the usual period of chewing on the idea, but then tried to put the idea in the context of all the (Buddhist) teachings I have been exposed to in recent months. I decided to try not to let fear play such a prominent role when faced with the inherent uncertainty of such a trip and try to get down there to see and do whatever it is that I am supposed to experience so we can move on.

My current intention is that someday and for some period of time, we will have a place in Northern Colorado, where we will spend summers, and a place somewhere in Mexico, where we will spend winters. The visit to Cocula helps me feel like I am making an effort to further that vision, even as we commit to whatever we will be doing in Fort Collins.

So tomorrow morning I am on a plane to Guadalajara, for one night in a hotel on arrival, followed by a bus ride to Cocula in the morning. Two days there staying with Mañuel's parents, then home onThursday. Not long, but enough to really check the place out.

Assuming there are Internet cafes there (a safe bet) - there will be photos here along with my impressions of what I discover there.



No comments: