Monday, May 24, 2004




I've been really busy getting the house ready to show. That's my excuse for the infrequent posts....

I did have (make) time to visit Reno to see my father and his wife, and my sister. I hadn't seen my dad in several years, and sister Becky in probably eight years. I have started a round of efforts to see people before we leave, as the reality of the imminent departure looms. This trip to Reno also yielded a reunion between Becky and her father , who had an unhappy time in the past and both seem to be looking toward better days.

As the photo above shows, I put up the for-sale sign in front of the house a few days ago. It was a strange moment, after the ten years we have spent here. If you look closely at the realtor on the new sign and the one at the end from ten years ago, you'll see we're selling it through the same agent we bought it from.

She held an open house yesterday on Sunday, after cautioning us not to anticipate much action right away. Rates have been going up, and sales have slowed locally. However, it looks like there may be two offers already, which will be delivered to us tomorrow at 5pm. This could really compress the remaining time even more, and I may need to give two week's notice at work the day I return. Any additional time here after a deal closes escrow will require a rent-back from the new owners, at a considerable cost.



April 1994


No comments: