Monday, December 29, 2003

Ack - if last week was for understanding the basics of real estate dealings in Mexico the last few days have been drowning in the excruciating detail. Since Patrick is leaving for Merida tomorrow morning I needed to get him up to speed on the intricacies of the process. I picked up the hard-to-find Mexican real estate book about five days ago and have been frantically highlighting and fact checking since. We should have hit this harder and sooner, but we are up to speed now.

I think we are finally ready. All the pieces are lining up and all we need now is the right property to be available with a clean deal to make.

My trip to follow up after Patrick is only a month away now, and I got a confirmation that my room will be available at Casa san Juan in Merida.



Ah, Casa san Juan - if only we could find the twin of that casa bonita - it is the standard against which all others must compare...

No comments: